How To Drink More Water

 
It is so important that you take in enough fluid everyday to help keep your body healthy and hydrated and water is the best drink for this so it's essential you drink enough of it everyday.
 
About a month ago, I decided it was about time I got on top of my water intake because quite frankly, I hardly ever drunk any at all. And it wasn't just water. I could go a whole day, drinking no more than two glasses. But since I decided to change that, I've been drinking so much more!

The first thing I did was I did a little research. I found out that women should be drinking 1.6 litres of water everyday and men should be drinking 2 litres. After this, I just did a little maths.


The picture above shows the 600ml water bottle I drink from and the markings I added to it. What I did was, measured 100ml of water in a measuring jug, poured it into my water bottle and used a pen to mark the line. I then repeated this several times until the bottle was full.
 
After this, I worked out what time I needed to have drunk each 100ml by. The 8 line represents how much water I need to fill my bottle up with in the morning. At school, I then keep track of time and drink 100ml of water by the time specified. So by 9'o'clock, I would have drunk 100ml of water, by 10, I'd have dunk 200ml and so forth. At 2'o'clock, I then refill my bottle to the 2 line and drink it from there. This therefore means that I stay well hydrated throughout the school day and by 4'o'clock, I will have drunk 800ml of fluid. Half of my daily intake. The rest is simple.
 
The bigger glass above holds 300ml of water and the small glass holds 200ml. I drink one of the small glasses with my breakfast and two of the big glasses after school. This then adds up to 1.6ml -  the recommended daily intake. I also keep track of my water intake in my bullet journal which you can see here. Each water droplet in my journal represents 200ml which I know I need to drink 8 of. It's really that simple.
 
 
 
Taking the time to measure out the different amounts of water is the only (ever so slightly) challenging thing about drinking enough water. But when you've taken the time to do it once, it's so easy to keep up with and your body will thank you for it. At first I tried 150ml at each interval during the day but I found that too difficult to keep up with so I simply changed the markings to better suit me.
 
It's also important to remember that if you're doing lots of exercise during the day, or spending lots of time in the heat, then you should be drinking a lot more than this. Stay hydrated people! Hopefully you found this post interesting and useful!
 
I hope you have a great day and if it's your birthday, happy birthday!
 

5 comments:

  1. Great post! This will definitely help me to drink more water! :)
    Amy x
    amyslifeblogs24.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found it helpful! This method really works for me!
      Thank you for reading,
      Freya x

      Delete
  2. This is so helpful and I am definitely going to try labelling my water bottle! xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend it! Glad it helped!
      Thank you for reading,
      Freya x

      Delete
  3. I am awful for not drinking and it is one of the things my mum is always getting on at me about (my room is another 😂) so this really helps!

    Www.kizzimay.co.uk.my

    ReplyDelete