Starting My Bullet Journal


For quite a while now I've seen the phrase 'bullet journal' being thrown around on the internet, particularly on pinterest. I never really understood what it was about until I had a much deeper look into it recently.

Seeing all of the pretty layouts and designs, as well as begining to understand the practicality of the journal made me want to give it a try.

At first I struggled to find a set of layouts that I thought would suit all of my needs. I have a blog to run, homework to do and school grades to keep up. So although I liked the orignial system and some of the beautiful layouts others had created, I knew I had to adjust them to suit me.

The journal I bought was a gridded Agenzio notebook from Paperchase, which cost me £11. I can't find the £11 version on their webiste, but I found the exact same one which you can personalise! It turns out its actually really hard to find a gridded notebook! (Get on it WHSmith and Ryman!) I shall also be using my new pens which you can see in my back to school haul.

The following pictures are of the first few pages of my journal. I wish they were a little neater but differences is what it's all about!


So this is what is called my 'future log' which marks out all of the events for the rest of the year. As I only have a few months of 2016 left, I thought it would be best not to include the whole year. On the left is all of the holidays and birthdays I need to remember, and on the right is all of the individual events that I can add to as time goes on.


This is my first monthly spread which as you can see, hasn't been used as much as I'd like it to have been. On the left page I have my plans for the month and my running to do list which includes everything I want to do, which doesn't need a set date. On the right I have a gratitude log where I was planning to write down something I was greatful for everyday and then there's my spending log which is completely empty. Oops... I also have my blogging schedule for the month written here. Over all, I feel as though I could utilise this space much better so I think I will work on that next month.


On the left of this random double spread is a list of maths past papers I need to do and I stuck this in with washi tape in case I wanted to get rid of it at any point. On the right is a (traced) diagram of the UK showing all of the places I am thinking of going to university. (I didn't want to share them all publicly though, so I just took sneak preview.)


This was actually my first weekly spread which didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. I planned for it to take up the double spread but apparently I don't need that much room. Instead I will fill this page up with a random spread like the last two.


This is my current weekly spread. I think this is a much better use of space than the last one and I have really liked using this spread. On the left I have each day of the week where I write my 'bullets' and track my water intake each day. On the right is my daily task spread where I track all of my daily tasks and blogging needs. I also have another running to do list and a space to write down any future plans I need to remember.


I'm sorry I had to blur a few things out but I did that for privacy reasons! I will definately be using my bullet journal as a way of managing my productivity and I'm super excited to see how it turns out!

I hope you enjoyed this little post, do you have a bullet journal, if so, is there any blogs you would recommend following? Let me know in the comments down below!

I hope you have a great day and if it's your birthday, happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment