Bullet Journal - October Update

 
So my bullet journal has kind of become my life saviour. I never want to go anywhere without it because quite frankly, its just so handy! It does pretty much everything I need!
 
This month I changed it up quite a bit because the layouts of last month, which you can view here, weren't really working out for me. I have put in examples below of what my different layouts look like and I will also describe what I did and what I liked about each one.
 
As you'll probably notice, I went fairly boring this month and didn't include any colour for the sake of convenience as I usually only have my black pen to hand. I quite like it though, I think it makes it a little easier on the eye in my opinion.
 
 
 
So this is my October spread and I loved this so much! It did pretty much everything I needed it to. I definitely prefer this calendar style to the original layout I used which was in Ryder's list style. It allowed me extra room for the days I need to write down multiple things and I found it much easier to read quickly.
 
On the right hand side I had my 'Buy' section which I found wasn't as useful as I thought it would be because it is more convenient to have a shopping list on my phone but the 'Money' section has been really useful for tracking my spending. I found the 'To Do' Section was great for putting down those tasks that don't need a specific date to be done by and the 'Blog' section was also super useful as I loved having a plan of what I needed to write but because I filled it all out at the start of the month, I wanted to change things around which was quite hard to do.



So this was my first weekly spread of the month and I definitely liked the simplicity of it but I found it hard to plan ahead with this layout as I would do it day-by-day rather than laying out the spread for the whole week. This meant that the sections were uneven and I had to use a sticky note for my future tasks. I found using a sticky note super useful for a to-do list throughout the week but its not very aesthetically pleasing so I'm still trying to come up with an idea to fix that.


This is my most recent weekly spread and its slightly different from the last one as I drew the spread all in one go. This meant that I could plan for the rest of the week and all the sections were evenly spaced. I preferred my sticky note on this week but I still want a way to get rid of it all together. One thing I am missing from last month's weekly spreads is the daily trackers which I think I am going to include again next month.


Last month I mentioned that I had a random blank page in my bullet journal that I wanted to fill with a collection and to put it to good use, I made it into a homework grade tracker. The first two columns just describe the homework, the next three tell me how I did, the corrected column tells me if I have corrected it or not and what my corrected grade was and the final column tells me if I did better or worse than the previous week. I always like tracking my grades and I think its one of the keys to success in school which is why I thought it would be a great idea to integrate it into my bullet journal.
 
 
I have been super happy with my bullet journal this month, I feel as though it has really boosted my productivity which is always great news! There are a couple of changes I think I will make next month but I definitely think I'm close to the layout that works for me!
 
Do you use a bullet journal? Any tips for short term planning instead of a sticky note? Let me know!
 
I hope you have a great day and if it's your birthday, happy birthday!

2 comments:

  1. I don't use a bullet journal but I want to start using one with a similar spread to yours. I am still not sure though. Lovely post xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use a bullet journal, but it looks like a great way to stay organised! Perhaps in the space you have under Sunday you could add an 'Other' section to replace your sticky note and have two columns for urgent to-dos and then the other for not so important ones?☺ Leonie x
    https://prettyrainclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete