10 Reasons To Move Schools For Sixth Form


10 Reasons To Move Schools For Sixth Form

In year 11 I was completely stuck over whether or not I should move schools for my Sixth Form Studies. I was in midst of my GCSEs and the added pressure of deciding on which A-Levels to choose meant that I was completely lost.

I was given assemblies and one-to-one meetings with my teachers, all trying to convince me that moving schools was bad choice. One teacher even went to the extremes of telling us about his own experience, claiming it was his "only regret in life" despite him going to what he claimed to genuinely be the "worst school in England." Despite this, I decided to take the risk and move schools for Sixth Form and so instead of telling you why its a bad idea, I thought I would give you;

10 Reasons It's A Great Idea To Move Schools For Sixth Form:

  1. Its a New Opportunity - different schools may offer courses and extra curricular activities that your current school doesn't, meaning that new subjects and other new facilities may become available to you.
  2. New People - on of the greatest benefits of moving schools is the opportunity to meet hundreds of new people so you can make new friends and widen your social circle.
  3. New You - given that the people there don't know anything about you, they have no pre-conceptions about you which may limit yourself and your ability so you have a whole new opportunity to build a new you.
  4. Different Rules and School Experience - if you don't like the way your school is run or the rules that are imposed on you, this is a great opportunity to move somewhere which may be less strict or run really differently.
  5. You're Not The Only New Kid - there will be other new students and some students would have left so there's no chance of you becoming the outcast as there's going to be a whole new dynamic rather than just one student joining.
  6. New Teachers - this is particularly an advantage if you don't like those who are currently teaching you. A new style of teaching could really improve your learning.
  7. Change of Surroundings - you'll be a lot less likely to get bored of your sixth form when you're in completely new surroundings as you'll have a change of routine and you'll be mixing things up.
  8. True Friends Will Stay Friends - I remember one of the most prominent things that I was scared of when moving schools was loosing my friends but since moving, I've realised that you learn who your true friends are by seeing who you remain in contact with. If you're truly close then you'll stay close, even with a little distance.
  9. Opportunity to Develop and Mature - by moving schools and being put out of your comfort zone, you're better able to develop as person and gain a better understanding of what is important to you and what your priorities are.
  10. Renewed Ambition - I found that by moving schools, I had a fresh sense of ambition and motivation to succeed, not only to give the people around me a good impression but also to prove to myself what I could achieve as when you move out of your comfort zone, your forced to push yourself.
 
This list doesn't nearly express all of the reasons why it's a great idea to move to a different school for sixth form. I can genuinely say it was one of the greatest decisions that I have made and I have truthfully loved the whole experience - I would recommend it to anyone.
 
If you want to get in contact with me about my experience or want any advice, feel free to email me at miss.perceived.contact@gmail.com or leave a comment below to share your experience and advice.
 
I hope you have a great day and if it's your birthday, happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment