25 Creative New Year's Resolutions For the Less Motivated

 
Another year has been and passed and 2016 has rolled in at what seems like lighting speed: Where has 2015 gone?
 
People tend to have up and down years and I must say that 2015 has definitely been an up for me, in fact what seems to be a never ending upwards journey. The year got better and better as time went on and I must say it definitely ended on a high note with my new year celebrations, but don't worry, I'll save you the cheesy year review. (You're welcome.)
 
But as 2016 has so quickly approached, so has the time of year where conventionally people tend to create for themselves new years resolutions that will essentially help better themselves in the year to come. I must admit, I am quite accustomed to this tradition but then again, I'm also quite persistent when it comes to breaking these resolutions every single year, which is actually my inspiration for this post.

I thought I'd share with you all a list of new years resolutions that are perhaps, less ordinary, than your standard "loose weight" or "exercise more", (although I wish you the best of luck if these are your resolutions,) and are slightly more achievable for those, like myself, who simply fail each and every year to follow through with their good intentions. Therefore, I present to you:

25 Creative New Year's Resolutions For the Less Motivated

  1. Collect and Scrapbook all of your tickets and photos throughout the year
  2. Get to know your neighbours better
  3. Start saying yes to more
  4. Actually keep a plant alive
  5. Read one book a month
  6. Make your very own recipe book by keeping track of new recipes you try
  7. Recycle more
  8. Start trying to buy less and save more
  9. Learn one new skill every month
  10. Take up a class or join a club you find interesting
  11. Visit a place you've always wanted to
  12. Start exploring more
  13. Create a "year bucket list" of 10 things to do and complete every single one
  14. Start savouring food by eating slower
  15. Try something new every time you go to a restaurant
  16. Listen to a new (preferably obscure) song once a week and expand your music collection
  17. Watch more documentaries
  18. Stop watching soaps so religiously
  19. Waste less water
  20. Learn all of the countries and their capitals
  21. Research and complete an online class or qualification
  22. Carry a notebook around with you everywhere you go
  23. Start a collection of whatever tickles your fancy
  24. Think more carefully before you post something online
  25. Stop buying your lunch; Start making it instead

Some of these resolutions are much broader than others, and some that require more work than others. In fact, some just require more conscious thought when doing every day things, such as wasting less paper. These are just suggestions that I had hoped would inspire some of you to make a small difference in your life and can be easily altered to suit your lifestyle and level of commitment.

I personally have decided an interesting resolution for myself would be to start saying yes more, (number 3). I hope this resolution will help me to make the most of opportunities that I am presented with which in turn may even develop into further opportunities. It isn't particularly challenging but its something that we could all work into our everyday lives.

Let me know what your new year's resolution is in the comments below!

I would like to wish you all a fantastic 2016, and I hope it is filled with many promising opportunities and unforgettable memories.

I hope you have a great day and if it's your birthday, happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment